|Project Holder||Hargeisa Water Agency (HWA)|
|Project||Increasing Water Production from Laasdhure Aquifer and Connecting to Exist-
ing System at NGDPS
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Resident Engineer|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Hargeisa Water Agency (HWA) for the implementation of the Increasing Water Production from Laasdhure Aquifer and Connecting to Existing System at New Geed Deeble Pumping Station (NGDPS) Project. This activity will require a qualified Resident Engineer to supervise the construction of the pipeline connecting boreholes drilled in Lasdhuure Aquifer to the NGDPS. Applications are therefore invited from qualified candidates.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Water Engineering.
- Registration with relevant recognised professional body.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Proficiency in basic computer software such as MS Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Auto- CAD, and water modelling software such as EPANET.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in implementation/supervision of water supply system pro- jects.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in countries with water supply conditions similar to Somali- land.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as Resident Engineer in large water supply projects of similar size and complexity.
- Have been Resident Engineer in at least two projects similar in scope and size to Laasdhure in the last 7 years.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in preparation and modification of drawings in AutoCAD. The applicant should share some drawings he/she prepared to demonstrate his/her skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in contract management and dealing with contractors / im- plementing partners.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable pro- ject reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail email@example.com. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 7 February 2022 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Full Terms of Reference can be accessed on the SDF website through the link https://www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org/opportunities- open.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.