|Hargeisa Water Agency (HWA)
|Increasing Water Production from Laasdhure Aquifer and Connecting to Exist-
ing System at NGDPS
|Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
|12 months with possibility of extension
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Hargeisa Water Agency (HWA) for the implementation of the Increasing Water Production from Laasdhure Aquifer and Connecting to Existing System at NGDPS Project. This activity will require a qualified Site Engineer to work under the Resident Engineer in supervising construction of the pipeline connecting boreholes drilled in Laasdhure Aquifer to the New Geedeble Pumping Station (NGDPS). Applications are therefore invited from qualified candidates.
Required qualifications, skills, and experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Civil or Water Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in implementation and supervision of water supply systems.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in interpreting technical specifications, drawings, bills of quantities as per the technical drawing book.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in measurement and certification of water supply works and checking work quantity reported by contractor for Interim Payment Certificates (IPC).
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in review and certification of quality water supply materials procured by contractor for compliance with the BOQ and specifications.
- Proficiency in use of basic computer software such as MS Access, MS project Excel, Word, Power Point, AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English and Somali.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail email@example.com. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 7 February 2022 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. The position JD can be accessed on the SDF website through the link https://www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org/opportunities-open.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This role is open to Somaliland nationals only.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.