Invitation for Applications
Project Holder Ministry of Water Resources Development
Project Expansion of Borama urban water supply system
Fund Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
IFA Title Electromechanical Engineer – Borama Water Supply Project
IFA No. P101-045
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
As part of SDF2 projects, the Ministry of Water Development has been allocated funds for Borama Water Supply System Construction. The project intends to use a part of the funding to engage the services of an Electromechanical Engineer for a period of 42 days (in 1 year).
The SDF Secretariat, on behalf of MoWRD, now invites applications from qualified professionals for this position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- B. Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Experience of electrical works of water supply systems;
- Should be registered with the professional bodies in the home country;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in design of Electrical/Electromechanical works;
- Experience working within East and Horn of Africa;
- Proficiency in use basic computer software such as MS Access, Excel, Word, Power
point, AutoCAD, and electrical modelling software.
Specific professional experience
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in design of water supply electromechanical
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in supervision of water supply electromechanical
- He/she should have designed at least 3 SCADA systems for a rural and or urban water
- Registered with a recognised Engineering body; and
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD and electrical modelling software.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail email@example.com. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 17 December 2019 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Full Terms of Reference can be accessed on the SDF website through the link P101-045 https://www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org/opportunities-open Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.