|Project Holder||Ministry of Transport and Roads Development|
|Project||Burao-Berbera Road Rehabilitation Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Senior Expert in National Road Transport Safety Policy|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to Ministry of Transport Development (MoTRD for implementation of the Burao-Berbera Road Rehabilitation Project. As a part of this project, MoTRD would like to spend some of these funds for engaging the services of a Senior Expert in Road Transport Safety Policy to support in the development of a draft National Road Transport Safety Policy. The SDF Secretariat is inviting applications from qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in civil/Highway/ Transport Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Highway Management, Transport Planning, Road Safety Planning or other relevant transport field.
- Proven facilitation, analytical and report writing skills (must submit at least three (3) website links for proof and/or report/publications list in CV for assessment as the main author)
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English
General professional experience
- At least 12 years in the implementation of road infrastructure projects from design to deliv- ery at tactical and policy level.
- At least 7 years of experience of international ‘best practices’ and road safety audit, design, drawings and execution of road safety enhancement features in different countries.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years of in-depth experience with road safety policy formulation in sub-Saharan countries.
- Conducted at least two (2) road safety policies or strategies or transport policy and regula- tory studies” for the last 5 years in similar context.
- Proven experience in facilitating at least 3 national policy dialogues and/or working groups in the last 5 years.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail email@example.com. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 10 May 2021 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Full Terms of Reference can be accessed on the SDF website through the link https://www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org/opportunities-open.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.