- Country: Somaliland
- Name of the Project: Water for Agro-pastoral productivity and Resilience
- Project ID: P167826
- Consulting Service: Financial Management Specialist
- Individual/Firm: Individual
- Duty Station: Hargeisa
- Duration: 12 Months
Deadline: 27 March2022
- Ref No. SO-MOPND-SL-285038-CS-INDV
Building on the experiences of the Water for Agro-Pastoralist Livelihoods Pilot Project (WALP) implemented by government, the Ministry of Planning and National Development is implementing the Water for Agro Pastoral Productivity and Resilience “Biyoole” Project. The objective of the Biyoole project is to develop water and agricultural services among agro-pastoralist communities in dry-land areas. The project is framed around the following components and sub-components: – Component 1. Support development of multiple-use water sources, 1.1 construction of thirty (30) new community water points and 1.2 rehabilitation of ten (10) community water points ; Component 2. Institutional and Capacity development, 2.1 national institutional capacity building and 2.2 community development and demand mobilization; Component 3.Supporting sustainable land management and livelihoods development around water points. 3.1 integrated landscape management and 3.2 Agriculture and livestock support; Component 4. Project management, M&E, knowledge management and learning and contingent emergency response.
Reporting to the Biyoole Project Coordinator, the objective of the assignment is for the Project Financial Management Specialist (i) to support the Department of Finance and Administration to perform all necessary Financial Management activities under the Biyoole Project for the period of the assignment, and (ii) to provide technical assistance and build the capacity of Financial Management staff within the Ministry of Planning. He/she will ensure the financial management activities of the project in strict compliance with: (i) the requirements of the Agreement between the World Bank and the Government; (ii) the Project Operations Manual (POM) for this project which is based on appropriate financial management best practice and international accounting standards.
- Duties and Responsibilities: The Project Financial Management Specialist will have the following key responsibilities among others:Develop annual budgets aligned with the annual work plan; Review all aspects of the Project work plan and budget based on the results of operations and changing economic conditions and recommend corrective measures to the management; Prepare budget versus actual (BVA) reports for each World Bank Implementation Support Mission; Maintain all accounting records in line with approved accounting standards and in line with the Bank’s and Government’s regulations; Render periodic reports, (i.e. monthly/quarterly/annually) in the formats approved by the Bank and Government of Somaliland and in line with the project documents and financing agreement; Ensure that disbursements are made in accordance with approved budgets and activity plans together with the PIU; Ensure that all payments are done in accordance with good accounting practices and in line with the project objectives and financing agreement;Where applicable ensure that the required the Bank No Objection letter relating to an expenditure is available before effecting payment. S/he will undertake all other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) that can be found at the following https://mopnd.govsomaliland.org/articles/toror can be provided upon submission of application (in person or by e-mail).
- Selection Criteria: The selection shall be based on qualifications, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The required qualifications and experience include:
- Degree in accounting, finance or business administration (accounting) or equivalent.
- Professional qualification in financial management, registered by and attained final qualification of any financial management related recognized professional body e.g. ACCA, CPA etc;
- Demonstrable experience in Public Financial Management related activities
- At least 5 years of experience in audit or financial management;
- At least three years of post-qualification experience directly relevant to public sector and/or World Bank Projects’ financial management;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, to deliver technical financial documents, and reports; candidates must be a Somaliland citizens;
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet use, including database use is required.
- Submission requirements
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017 August 2018 and November 2020(“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Financial Management Specialist will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of application and deadline.
Interested applicants may obtain further information including a detailed Terms of Reference from the Ministry in person or by e-mail to the address given below during office hours from 9.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday.
Deadline: Expressions of interest and Curriculum Vitae (CV) must be delivered to the address below by hand, mail, courier or email on or before March 27, 2022, at 23:30hours.
Email Address: email@example.com
Address of the Ministry: Sha’ab area, Hargeisa, SL