- Country: Somaliland
- Name of the Project: Water for Agro-pastoral productivity and Resilience
- Project ID: P167826
- Consulting Service: Procurement Specialist
- Individual/Firm: Individual
- Duty Station: Hargeisa
- Duration: 12 Months
- Deadline: 27 March2022
- Ref No. SO-MOPND-SL-285047-CS-INDV
Building on the experiences of the Water for Agro-Pastoralist Livelihoods Pilot Project (WALP) implemented by government, the Ministry of Planning and National Development is implementing the Water for Agro Pastoral Productivity and Resilience “Biyoole” Project. The objective of the Biyoole project is to develop water and agricultural services among agro-pastoralist communities in dry-land areas of Somaliland. The project is framed around the following components and sub-components: – Component 1. Support development of multiple-use water sources, 1.1 construction of thirty(30) new community water points and 1.2 rehabilitation of ten (10) community water points; Component 2. Institutional and Capacity development, 2.1 national institutional capacity building and 2.2 community development and demand mobilization; Component 3.Supporting sustainable land management and livelihoods development around water points. 3.1 integrated landscape management and 3.2 Agriculture and livestock support; Component 4. Project management, M&E, knowledge management and learning and contingent emergency response.
Reporting to the Project Coordinator the objective of the assignment is for the Project Procurement Specialist (i) to support the Procurement Unit performs effectively all necessary procurement activities under the Biyoole Project for the period of the assignment, and (ii) to provide technical assistance and build the capacity of procurement staff within the Ministry of Planning and National Development.
- Duties and Responsibilities:The Project Procurement Specialist shall undertake the following tasks in collaboration with the Procurement Unit and Project Coordinator: Study the WALP End-line Report and document the lessons learned relating to procurement. Prepare for and implement training and capacity building workshops and peer to peer learning experience for contractors; Provide advice and ensure that all the procurement activities of the project conform and are compliant with the POM and World Bank Procurement Regulations; Initiate, coordinate and prepare Procurement Plans (PPs) for procurement under the project; Establish a manual STEP Procurement Tracking System for monitoring of the Program procurement activities; Prepare the General Procurement Notices (GPN) quarterly, and Specific Procurement Notices (SPN), and Expression of Interests (EOI) when required; Provide procurement advice to the PIU on all aspects of Terms of Reference (TOR) and Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Bids (RFBs), evaluation of Expression of Interest (EOI), evaluation of Bids and Technical and Financial Proposals for selection of Consultants for Technical Assistance; Prepare Bidding Documents for the procurement of goods and services in accordance with activities defined in the Procurement Plan for the project using the World Bank’s Standard Procurement Documents, prepare Project customized Bidding Documents and Request for Proposals (RFP). This should include customized NCB documents and standardized Forms to be used for Shopping Methods. S/he will undertake all other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) that can be found at the following https://mopnd.govsomaliland.org/articles/toror can be provided upon submission of application (in person or by e-mail).
- Selection Criteria: The selection shall be based on qualifications, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The required qualifications and experience include:
- Degree from a recognized University in one of the following disciplines: Procurement Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Accounting; Finance, Engineering or equivalent.
- A Master’s Degree or Professional qualification in Supply Management would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of at least 7 years of direct relevant experience including broad expertise in the management of procurement in the public or private sector;
- Minimum of at least 5 years of experience in implementing procurement actions according to international organizations guidelines such as the World Bank, African Development Bank, United Nations etc. for procurement of goods, services, and works;
- Experience working in similar environment like that of Somaliland;
- Excellent computer skills for Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet use;
- Fluency in English, excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- High level interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Submission requirements
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017 August 2018 and November 2020(“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Procurement Specialist will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of application and deadline.
Interested applicants may obtain further information including a detailed Terms of Reference from the Ministry in person or by e-mail to the address given below during office hours from 9.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday.
Deadline: Expressions of interest and Curriculum Vitae (CV) must be delivered to the address below by hand, mail, courier or email on or before March 27, 2022, at 23:30 hours.
Address of the Ministry: Sha’ab area, Hargeisa, SL