Project Holder Ministry of Water Resources Development (MoWRD)
Project Borama Water Supply Improvement Project
Fund Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
IFA Title Electromechanical Engineer Short Term Expert
IFA No. P101-045
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period September 2018 to
March 2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports
the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It
focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same
time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable
and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined
in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in
Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to Ministry of Water Resources Development for the
implementation of Borama Water Supply Improvement Project as one of the transitional
projects. The project is currently under implementation.
The SDF Secretariat is therefore seeking the services of a qualified Electromechanical Engineer
to support the project in review and finalisation of electromechanical designs, drawings and
BOQs and to check electromechanical equipment supplied to the client as well as monitor
installation of the electromechanical works at critical stages.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- A B. Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Experience of electrical works of water supply systems;
- Should be registered with the professional bodies in the home country;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in design of Electrical/Electromechanical works;
- Experience working within East and Horn of Africa;
- Proficiency in use basic computer software such as MS Access, Excel, Word, Power point,
AutoCAD, and electrical modelling software.
Specific professional experience
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in design of water supply electromechanical works;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in supervision of water supply electromechanical
- He/she should have designed at least 3 SCADA systems for a rural and or urban water
- Registered with a recognised Engineering body; and
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD and electrical modelling software.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland
Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail email@example.com. Candidates should
indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must
be received by 10 July 2020 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should
clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Full Terms of
Reference can be accessed on the SDF website through the link
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way
which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being
considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.