Country: Republic of Somaliland
Name of the Project: Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Capacity Strengthening Project
Project ID: P151492, TF#: TF-A0389
Assignment Title: Expenditure Control and Cash Management Technical Assistant
Place of Assignment: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Deadline: 11 July 2020, at 4:00 PM (Hargeisa Time)
The Government of Somaliland has received Additional Financing from the World Bank towards the implementation of the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project. The overall project development objective (PDO) is to ‘strengthen systems of domestic revenue mobilization, expenditure control and accountability in Somaliland.
The GoSL therefore wishes to use part of the funds allocated under the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project to pay for the services requested in the Terms of Reference.
- Scope of Work and Responsibilities
Expenditure Control and Cash Management Technical Assistant will be responsible for the following: (i) Help OAG in establishing CMU and provide technical support to the CMU towards effecting preparation of regular (monthly and annual) aggregate cash flow plans and regular reporting on performance of cash flows against the annual plan to the CMC for proactive management. This shall include preparation a cash management brief which will be making recommendations or strategies for the smoothening of cash flows and the investment of any cash during periods of surplus. (ii)The TA – Cash Management shall provide “hands- on” technical support to the Cash Management Unit (CMU) to develop appropriate cash management framework/ policy guidelines that ensure efficient management of government cash resources to meet commitments in time and ensures that there is prioritization of expenditure releases to major services and public investments. This shall involve cash flow management based on annual budget, consolidating revenue and expenditure of MDA’s in order to provide cash projections and revised in year cash flow projections based and facilitate reporting to the cash management committee through the Accountant General. (iii) Provide technical support to develop and maintain consolidated rolling cash forecasts covering all bank accounts included in the TSA framework. This shall involve supporting the CMU in forecasting daily cash flows from the TSA and Government needs: and matching budget to cash and commitment forecast. He/she will perform other tasks described in the ToR.
- Selection Criteria
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- Be a Professional Accountant (i.e.membership to a professional accountancy body recognized by the International Federation of Accountants)
- A Masters degree in economics, financial or business administration, accountancy, public administration or a related discipline. Advanced university degree in public administration, public sector management will be an added advantage
III. Good knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and general Public Financial Management concepts (fiscal strategy, sector strategies, planning and budget preparation, budget execution, cash management, procurement, tax administration, accounting and reporting, internal and external audit and parliamentary oversight).
- Must have at least 10 years of working experience 5 years of which should be a senior management position in public or private sector organizations
- Experience in cash management and expenditure control, business process review, commitment control, designing chart of accounts, preparing procedures manual, preparing public sector financial statements.
III. Good change management, communication and writing skills with strong inter-personal skills, and proven motivation and demonstrated ability to lead teams.
- Experience in Financial Management Information Systems (FMIS) in the public sector as part of a wide range of PFM reforms.
Experience of working on similar assignments in fragile and post conflict state
- Duration of the Assignment
The duration for the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
- The Ministry of Finance now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The detailed TOR will be forwarded to the applicant upon submission of application in person or by e-mail to the address below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following website:? www.somalilandpfm.org or can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The e-mail address is provided below from 8:30 to 16:00 pm Hargeisa time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below by 11 July 2020 at 4:00 pm (Hargeisa Time) – marked clearly as – Expenditure Control and Cash Management Technical Assistant.
Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Management Reform Coordination Unit,
Ministry of Finance, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Republic of Somaliland, Opposite of Ministry of Higher Education and Science
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org