|Project Holder||Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development-Livestock|
|Project||Strengthening Animal Production and Health Services Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Fodder Production Expert|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD) for the implementation of the Strengthening Animal Production and Health Services Project in Togdheer and Sanaag Regions. As a part of this project, MoLFD would like to engage the services of a Fodder Production Expert as part of baseline survey team. The SDF Secretariat is inviting applications from qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s Degree in either of the following – Range Management, Natura Resources Man- agement, Animal Production, Agriculture.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Fluency in Somali language is added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience at senior level – management or advisory in projects/pro- grammes with large components of fodder production and rangeland management in the Horn of Africa.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with small holder fodder production in dryland settings in- cluding fodder/animal feed value chain.
Specific professional Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the technical aspects of fodder production, including seeds, suitability analysis, and climate smart agronomic practices.
- At least 3 assessments in small holder fodder production conducted over the last 5 years.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 10 May 2021 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Full Terms of Reference can be accessed on theSDF website through the link https:/
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.