Health Poverty Action (HPA) formerly Known as Health Unlimited works with some of the poorest and most marginalized communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America, often in very difficult environments. We work to enable these communities to achieve improvements to their health, promoting this as one of their fundamental human rights.
Spanning almost a quarter of a century, Health Poverty Action’s work has grown to include programmes in 14 countries across Africa, Asia and Latin America (with more currently in development). We always prioritise the most poor and the most marginalised – those neglected by governments and almost everyone else. This has led us to work in some very difficult environments, often providing the only external assistance.
HPA Somaliland seeks to recruit competent and dynamic professionals for the position sof project assistants.These two positions will be based in HPA Berber office with frequent travel to project sites within the region and throughout Somaliland as detailed bellow;
- Job title: Project assistant (2) positions
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Place/days/hours of work: Based in Berber office; Sunday-Thursday-8.00am-5.00pm; with an hour’s lunch break (flexible) and sometimes field if required.
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Type of Contract: Temporary
To lead on, develop and support community-based activities as well as supporting projectreporting, development and database management.
Specific Functions of Post:
The post holder is expected to perform key responsibilities within HPA’s vision, mission, strategies and policies and reflecting HPA’s values.
- Work directly with programmer manager to help implement project goals
- Review project implementation and gather data on project execution
- Oversee variable aspects of projects and provide direct assistance to ensure timely project execution
- Assist with material take-offs and estimating
- Assist with procuring materials and other items necessary for completing projects
- Coordinate with Regional health office through effective verbal and written communication
- Improve and maintain data management systems, recording, analyzing and maintaining data accurately
- Undertake frequent visits to the field to carry out monitoring and evaluation activities with communities, local partners and other stakeholders
- Willingness to travel throughout Somaliland (urban and rural) and within the regions as may be needed
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by Program Manager
- Make sure the key COVID-19 messages are properly conveyed and delivered to the communities.
- At least Degree level qualification in Social Sciences and other related fields.
- At least 3 years proven experience of community based interventions
- Experience in working with communities
- A desire to learn and work in a challenging but rewarding environment
- Significant experience in the monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Fluent oral and written English
- Commitment to meeting deadlines
How to Apply
- All Applications should be addressed to: The HR-HPA
- Please send an Updated CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating full contact details of at least 3 referees.
Please quotein the Subject line as guided bellow;
– “Project Assistant-GIZ- COVID HPA-2020”
Only applications sent by email will be accepted.
Deadline for Submission: 234hAugust, 2020 at 5.00 PM. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be accepted.
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.