Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 77 countries.
Plan International has opened an office in Somalia/Somaliland and has started programmes that focuses on child protection, education and youth economic empowerment programming, working with/through partners in both in humanitarian and development settings and providing technical support to INGOs, Somaliland NGOs and the Government of Somaliland in Plan’s areas of expertise.
Plan International in Somaliland is looking for a creative and professional firm/individual to develop and deliver a communications and visibility training for their national staff and implementing partners to improve the communication skills of their frontline humanitarian workers.
The facilitator will deliver a 4 days training in Hargeisa from participants of CSOs implementing partner staff, PLAN international staff and government line ministries. The training will include on Human Storytelling, quotes, social media, blogging, Internal and external communication skills as well as introducing the global branding manual for Plan International. The facilitator will also cover the importance of safeguarding in communication and visibility by ensuring that the physical and emotional welfare and the dignity of people in particular under the age of eighteen, are protected during and after the making and broadcast of programmes and online content, irrespective of any consent given by them or by a parent.
– Develop an inception report
– Develop training materials for four days
– Conduct 4 full days interactive training for 15 participants
– Provide reference documents and guidance for the participants
– Submit a final report on the training.
– Over 6 years of experience in the field of communications and media – preferable if worked with UN, INGO and other humanitarian workers.
– Excellent training facilitation skills for diverse teams and participants from different institutions
– Sample of recent trainings delivered
– Somali and English-Speaking facilitator
– Women are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
– Submit a technical proposal maximum of 5 pages
– A maximum of one-page financial proposal (Only the professional facilitation fees) on seven days four days delivering the training and 3 days preparation and reporting writing. Plan International will organize venue, participants and refreshment/meals.
– Two Samples of previous training facilitated
– Firm registration from Somaliland Government
– CV’s of the trainer
Deadline: Interested individuals/firms should send the above-mentioned documents not later than 17.00 19/July/2021 to email@example.com with email subject: Communications Training Proposal.
Please Note that Plan International Does not charge any fee at any stage of the selection process.