POSITION: Purchasing Manager
DEPARTMENT: Commercial Department
REPORTING TO: Commercial Manager
LOCATION: Hargeisa, Somaliland
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Purchasing Manager to join our growing company. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for all company purchases and assist commercial manager for purchasing of spares and inventories requested by the departments.
Sompower was incorporated in 2016, with main objectives to provide affordable, safe, and reliable electricity services to the people of Somaliland. For the last decade, Sompower has slowly involved from more than 39 small utility companies that used to operate Hargeisa’s electricity since 1990’s. Currently, it is the largest electricity provider in Somaliland with the generation, transmission and distribution facilities spanning from the capital city of Hargeisa and western regions in Somaliland (Gebilley, Wajale & Arabsia). Sompower has implemented different renewable energy projects like Solar and wind.With this unique background, Sompower envisions to continue to shape the electricity industry of the country for the better of the country’s businesses, investment landscape and for all citizens by modernizing its facilities and way of conducting business in Somaliland.
Purchasing Manager is responsible for overseeing of company purchasing activities, including evaluation of venders and recommending the cost-effective vender and negotiate price and delivery time. Preparation of purchase orders and contracts and ensuring that all purchasing materials meet the required standards and specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the efficient management of company purchasing activities, preparation of purchase orders, contracts and material delivery timelines.
- Periodically evaluates vendor/suppliers and advices commercial manager when the vendors are not meeting the required standards and recommend new or substitute vendors when necessary.
- Responsible for assessing and selecting vendors, based on capabilities, performance, and consistent. Maintains good working relationships with them.
- With the collaboration of the commercial manager, design, plan and develop company purchasing strategies and supplier relation mechanisms.
- Follow and adhere company purchasing policies, procedures and contribute ideas for developing the company’s purchasing system and policies.
- Forecast demand for sensitive items and inventory reorder point to avoid inventory shortages.
- Maintain clear communication with suppliers for delivering of purchasing items on time
- Provide reports to the commercial manager
QUALIFICATION AND JOB REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration or Electrical Engineering from a reputable university (Master of Business/Electrical Engineering is preferred)
- 6+ years’ experience in Purchases Management
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English both writing and speaking
- Exceptional time management and problem-solving Skills
How to Apply
External applicants who meet the above requirement should submit their CVs with application letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 12th July, 2021 at 6:00pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted