Country: Republic of Somaliland
Name of the Project: Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Capacity Strengthening Project
Project ID: P151492, TF#: TF-: A8217
Assignment Title: IT Security Technical Adviser
Place of Assignment: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Deadline: 06 October 2020, at 4:00 PM (Hargeisa Time)
The Government of Somaliland has received Additional Financing from the World Bank towards the implementation of the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project. The overall project development objective (PDO) is to ‘strengthen systems of domestic revenue mobilization, expenditure control and accountability in Somaliland.
The GoSL therefore wishes to use part of the funds allocated under the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project to pay for the services requested in the Terms of Reference.
- Scope of Work and Responsibilities
The IT Security Technical Adviser will be responsible for the following: i) Operationalization of the SLFMIS IT security policy and ensuring compliance by all SLFMIS internal and external users of the approved policy. Ii) Ensuring overall security of the SLFMIS IT, applications and logical environments. Iii) Safeguarding SLFMIS information assets against unauthorized use, disclosure, modification, and accidental or malicious damage or loss. Iv) Grow the requisite IT security knowledge and capability within MoFD to support the effective operation of the SLFMIS for sustainability. He/she will perform other tasks described in the ToR.
- Selection Criteria
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering, Information Technology, Finance, Business and or related field.
- Specialized IT Security training and qualifications/certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA.
- Knowledge of enterprise IT security risk assessments and related frameworks such ISO 27000 series, NIST 800 Series, COBIT, IT General Controls, ITSM/ITSA etc.
- Knowledge and experience on firewall and web server technologies, intrusion detection systems, encryption technology, IS/IT audit technologies/tools.
- A minimum of 5 years directly related to the IT security administration duties and responsibilities in a data centre environment with complex systems.
- Working experience and knowledge of the MSSQL and Windows Server environments will be an added advantage.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills as well as the ability to lead teams in management of IT security environments.
- Demonstrable experience in knowledge transfer including mentoring and training skills.
- Ability to design security policies and standards.
- Knowledge of IT/IS audit related concepts and frameworks.
- Knowledge of enterprise network security systems, applications, procedures, techniques, networking and performance monitoring, including relevant experience of intranet and internet service provision.
- Ability to install, maintain, modify, and upgrade security systems, like firewalls, antivirus, intrusion detection etc.
- Data analysis skills and ability to write technical reports based on data analysis.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of IT security and related controls.
- Good inter-personal skills, output-oriented work habits and initiative
- Duration of the Assignment
The duration for the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
- The Ministry of Finance now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The detailed TOR will be forwarded to the applicant upon submission of application in person or by e-mail to the address below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following website:? www.somalilandpfm.org or can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The e-mail address is provided below from 8:30 to 16:00 pm Hargeisa time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below by 06 October 2020 at 4:00 pm (Hargeisa Time) – marked clearly as – IT Security Technical Adviser.
Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Management Reform Coordination Unit,
Ministry of Finance, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Republic of Somaliland, Opposite of Ministry of Higher Education and Science
Email: email@example.com, and to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.