Public Announcement – Job Advertisement
Date: Wednesday17th January 2024
Contract duration: 2 months with possibility of extension depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Health Poverty Action is an international NGO who takes a justice-oriented approach to its programmes, developing strong community roots, creating comprehensive and integrated health systems, and addressing the social determinants of health. We work in partnership with people around the world who are pursuing change in their own communities. Together we demand health justice and challenge the power imbalances that currently deny people of their health rights. We believe health is not just the absence of disease, but a combination of physical, mental and social well-being. We are part of a global movement for health justice – the People’s Health Movement (PHM). In Somaliland, we implement integrated programmes that include health system strengthening, disease prevention and control, health education, prevention of harmful traditional practices, income generation, food security and nutrition, water and sanitation, and gender equality.
HPA Somaliland Country Programme is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) professional to join its team of the WFP funded Nutrition programme- being implemented in Togdheer and Sahil Regions. The details are as specified hereunder:
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer (1 Position; Sahil & Togdheer Regions)
The post holder will take lead on the support for the continued development of an effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting framework for the programme. This includes supporting the evaluation and continual improvement of programmes and community-based activities as well as supporting project reporting, development and database management. They will Support programme development and reporting, using accurate information from both field level surveys and Management Information Systems (MIS) and training programme/project colleagues in order to mainstream M&E as a core programme function, liaising with the M&E section/HMIS/DHIS-II of the Ministry of Health Development (MoHD). Provide support to the radio and communications team to gather information for, and assisting in the production of case studies, human interest stories and other documentation of field level activities as may be relevant. Undertake frequent visits to the field to carry out monitoring and evaluation activities with government representatives, communities, local partners and other stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications and Person’s Specifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Population studies or related discipline from a recognised University/Tertiary Institution.
- 3+ years proven experience of in practical use of M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory processes) in an INGO setting.
- Experience in the design and implementation of M&E frameworks and system.
- Experience in Training in M&E development and implementation.
- Experience in data extraction and information analysis and report writing.
- Demonstrable understanding of logical frameworks and results’ frameworks and their relation to Project Cycle Management.
- Very strong IT application skills including – Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access Word, Power point.
- Very strong statistical software application skills- including SPSS, and EPI info.
- Experience in WFP, FCDO, UNICEF, and ECfunded programs will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of M&E methodologies, data management frameworks, and reporting
- Excellent organizational, analytical, diplomatic, oral, facilitation and written communications skills.
- Demonstrable computer skills (should be knowledgeable in MS Office packages MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Internet applications)
- Fluency in English and Somali and should be able to work in isolated hard to reach remote locations.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should communicate with HPA via firstname.lastname@example.org to receive HPA standard CV application form.
Only applications sent by email will be accepted. HPA is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday 24th January, 2024 at 5.00 PM. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted.
We regret that because excessive volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.