BBC Africa is looking for Multi-Media Broadcast Journalists to join its BBC Somali Service based at its bureau in Nairobi
The BBC Somali Service is the pre-eminent international broadcaster in the Somali language with journalists and reporters based in Nairobi, London, the Horn of Africa and the US. Broadcasting since 1957 the service now offers the most trusted Somali news on radio, digital (bbcsomali.com), mobile and social media to our audiences in Africa and across the diaspora. And we have exciting plans to launch TV news bulletins later this year. The service also covers Horn of Africa news for outlets across BBC television, radio, digital and social media. This is an opportunity to work as part of our small but dedicated and passionate team within one of the world’s biggest broadcasters.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· Credible professional experience in broadcast journalism
· Excellent written & spoken Somali with a good working knowledge of English
· Proven interest in and experience of digital and social media
· Proven ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to work flexibly, and be prepared to work irregular hours
· Ability to generate strong story ideas and creative treatments
If you’re interested in joining us, please go to the BBC’s Careers Hub athttp://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/MultiMedia-Broadcast-Journalist/15329 to create a profile and upload your CV. We have six month and one year contracts. It commands a competitive salary, dependent on experience, plus membership of a medical insurance scheme.