|Project Holder||Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD)|
|Project||Sustainable Land Management Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Site Supervisor – Dilla and Hego Office Block Construction|
|Period||6 months renewable|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period September 2018- March 2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD) for the implementation Sustainable Land Management Project. Under the project, some of the funds will be used for construction of office blocks in Dilla and Hego. This activity will require a qualified Site Supervisor. Applications are therefore invited from qualified candidates to apply for the position of Site Supervisor.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- At least a Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering; Construction Management or any other equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction of management/supervision work and in co- ordinating all technical aspects of contracts supervision and management.
- Minimum of three years demonstrated ability to interpret technical specifications, drawings, bills of quantities and setting out the buildings as per drawings.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in measurement and certification of civil works for new works and/or rehabilitation works and checking work quantity reported by contractor for In- terim Payment Certificates (IPC).
- Evidence of 2 years’ experience in review and certification of quality of construction materials procured by contractor for compliance with the BOQ and specifications.
- Proficiency in use basic computer software such as MS Access, MS project Excel, Word, Power point, AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Fluency in Somali language is mandatory.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 16 June 2021 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the
position they are applying for in the email subject line. The position JD can be accessed on the SDF website through the link https://www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org/opportunities-open.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This role is open to Somaliland nationals only.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.