|Project Holder||Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD)|
|Project||Strengthening Artisanal Fisheries in Sanaag Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Long-Term Technical Advisor|
|Duration||18 months renewable contract based on performance|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD) for the implementation of the Strengthening Artisanal Fisheries in Sanaag Project in Sanaag Region. As a part of this project, MoLFD would like to engage the services of a Long-Term Technical Advisor. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- At least a master’s degree in any field related to Fisheries Management such as Fisheries Sciences, Marine Sciences, Marine Biology or Ecology.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Proven facilitation, analytical and report writing skills.
General professional experience
- Minimum 12 years of experience working at senior level (Advisor, Project Manager, Di- rector) in the fisheries sector.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience with donor-funded projects.
- Proven understanding of and experience with conflict sensitivity, environmental impact, and gender equity and social inclusion programming.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the management of artisanal fisheries sector related projects, especially capacity building interventions and value chain strengthening.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in developing fish policies or strategies which bring to practice artisanal fisheries value chain development and grassroot fisher- ies organisations.
- Have managed at least one similar project in the last 7 years.
As part of the selection process, TA candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail email@example.com. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 21st November 2021 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Full Terms of Reference can be accessed on the SDF website through the link https://www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org/opportunities-open.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.