Date: September 16th, 2013
HOME GARDENING TRAINER VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is implementing technical cooperation measures on behalf of the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany.
The GIZ- Berbera project now seeks potential trainer on the basis of consultancy for home gardening. The proposed TOR and nature of assignment consists as follows:
– Conceptual design and preparation of training handbook for home gardening with explanations & sketches together with comic artist (Will be paid by GIZ).
– Training of target groups for best practices in home gardening in Berbera
– The training shall include all required steps from planting to harvesting
– Land preparation of home plot and uses of non-organic fertilizer
– Processing of manure into organic fertilizer
– Development of trainings handouts in Somali Language (with sketches and comics), conceptual design and preparation of training handbook for home gardening with explanations & sketches together with comic artist (Will be paid by GIZ)
– Nutrition aspects for children and households in general
Qualifications and experience
Higher education in Agriculture and relevant knowledge in livelihood recovery/ food security/ community development is an advantage
At least 2 years experience of consultancy work
Fluent written and spoken Somali and English languages
Adept computer skills
Ability and willing to work in harsh environment harsh
Ability of excellent report writing skills
Interested candidates shall send their application, C.V and copies of relevant supporting documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Hand delivery applications can be dropped in GIZ Berbera office, Burcosheikh B, Finland section Berbera Somaliland.
Duration of consultancy: 14 working days
Closing Date: September 20th, 2013 4:00pm
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.