Who are we?
We are a construction company that deals with building and road construction activities in Somaliland regions. We are associated with many international partners in construction and engineering in general infrastructure development. We are committed to ensuring there is mainstreaming of health and safety of all those using or affected by this infrastructure development venture. The construction activities we deal with involve direct implementation of the construction process.
We invite applications from highly qualified and capable individuals in HR& Front Desk Manager Management for the construction activities in Hargeisa. The successful individual must live and work in Hargeisa, Somaliland where the area of operation is based.
Job Description: performs will vary with day to day activities require the use of initiative and judgment, particularly when prioritizing work or working with foremen, supervisors and hourly employees. At the same time, discretion is expected with employee and employer confidential information.
Duties and Responsibilities expected but not limited to
- Assist in recruitment of employee and provide secretariat work when requested
- Schedule examinations by coordinating appointments.
- Ensure that the office code of conduct and company policies are followed through
- Assist Employees at the HR department front counter
- Answer questions regarding employee’s pay, health insurance eligibility, seniority, or leaves of absence
- Collect assigned equipment from field employees
- Call employees regarding their checks in the box
- First to answer calls to the HR main line
- Direct the employee emergency calls to harvesting supervision
- Monitor complaints and suggestions at the counter and direct them to the proper person
- Complete and respond employment verifications, EDD audits, etc.
- Enter personnel data in Great Plains system, including insurance information
- Post employee status changes in system and into employees file rap sheet, attach to proper page in file
- Cross-train in human resources in all commodities to assist other staff
- Maintain up to date seniority lists for all line management
- In the absence of a registration clerk, register new hires
- Distribute applications for the Plant and review incoming applications for completeness
- Other duties as assigned by the manager and director
- Provides payroll information by collecting time and attendance records.
- Submits employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data.
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information.
- Organizes work, answers the telephone, relays messages, and maintains equipment and supplies.
- Reporting skills
- Maintaining employee files, Orienting employees,
- Dependability, Organization, Scheduling
- Confidentiality, Independence
- Verbal communication
- Bachelor’s / Advanced Degree in Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain Management/ or similar studies is expected
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Human Resource Management and Front Desk or similar role preferably in engineering and construction sector
- Experience in human resource management at entry level is acceptable
- Strong knowledge of internationally recognized guidelines and procedures
- Fluency in written and spoken Somali, English. Chinese and Arabic are an added advantage
Application: Submit soft copies of your resume/CV, application letter to email@example.com
For questions, or encounter problems with the online application process, please contact +252-636261874
Deadlines: Submissions by 20th July, 2020