Who Are We?
Who are we?
We are a construction company that deals with building and road construction activities in Somaliland regions. We are associated with many international partners in construction and engineering in general infrastructure development. We are committed to ensuring there is mainstreaming of health and safety of all those using or affected by this infrastructure development venture. The construction activities we deal with involve direct implementation of the construction process.
We invite applications from highly qualified and capable individuals in Sociologist Expert involved in supporting activities for the construction in Hargeisa. The successful individual must live and work in Hargeisa, Somaliland where the area of operation is based.
Sociological work through
- Design research projects to test theories about social issues
- Collect data through surveys, observations, interviews, and other sources
- Analyze and draw conclusions from data
- Prepare reports, articles, or presentations detailing their research findings
- Collaborate with and advise OSHA, policymakers, or other groups on research findings and sociological issues
- Sociologists study human behavior, interaction, and organization. T
- Observe the activity of social, religious, political, and economic groups, organizations, and institutions. They examine the effect of social influences, including organizations and institutions, on different individuals and groups. They also trace the origin and growth of these groups and interactions. For example, they may research the impact of a new law or policy on a specific demographic.
- Assist the administrators, and OSHA to solve social problems and formulate public policy.
- Should be conscious of the Somaliland environment in occupation safety, Gender and GBV issues, Child protection, and Sexual health
- Direct work of OSHA team in the compilation and evaluation of data.
- Supervise scientific or technical personnel on key identified program mainstreaming concept in GBV , child protection, occupational safety, and gender issues
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Critical-thinking skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Writing skills
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Social Services, Education, or Public Policy an any other related fields or Equivalent Work Experience
- Recognized accreditations
- Have familiarity with policy development and implementation with NGO and construction works or similar systems
- At least 5 years’ experience in a sociological or policy development capacity
Capacity and Skills Description
- Have proven capability to speak and communicate in formal English
- Understand the responsibilities of quality control, staff communication, grievance and response mechanisms at all levels of the organization
Application: Submit soft copies of your resume/CV, application letter to email@example.com
For questions, or encounter problems with the online application process, please contact +252-636261874
Deadlines: Submissions by 20th July, 2020