Who Are We?
We are a construction company that deals with building and road construction activities in Somaliland regions. We are associated with many international partners in construction and engineering in general infrastructure development. We are committed to ensuring there is mainstreaming of health and safety of all those using or affected by this infrastructure development venture. The construction activities we deal with involve direct implementation of the construction process.
We invite applications from highly qualified and capable individuals in Survey Engineer for the construction activities in Hargeisa. The successful individual must live and work in Hargeisa, Somaliland where the area of operation is based.
Job Description: Supervise field staff in design management and ensure projects milestones are delivered on time including calculating land boundaries in several locations and creating maps and reports of survey results for clients.
- Conduct surveys on land sites and properties
- Examine previous records and evidence to ensure data accuracy
- Research and design methods for survey processes
- Use equipment and tools to accurately measure land features (e.g. longitudes, latitudes)
- Build maps, sketches, and charts
- Supervise and provide guidance to field staff
- Purchase and maintain equipment
- Report on survey results and present findings to clients
- Collaborate with engineers and architects on several projects
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all parties involved
- Strive for excellence, representing the company well at all times
Capacity and Skills Description
- At least 3 years’ experience in surveying and quantitative analysis in road construction capacity
- Have proven capability to speak and communicate in formal English
- Understand the responsibilities of quality control, staff communication, grievance and response mechanisms at all levels of the organization
- Field experience and related computer software knowledge
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or a similar field
- Previous experience as a surveyor or in a similar role
- Working knowledge of GPS and GIS
- Tech savvy, including familiarity with CAD software
- Aptitude in math and problem-solving
- Attention to detail with great organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of math and science and IT skills
- The ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
Application: Submit soft copies of your resume/CV, application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, or encounter problems with the online application process, please contact +252-636261874
Deadlines: Submissions by 20th July, 2020