Who are we?
We are a construction company that deals with building and road construction activities in Somaliland regions. We are associated with many international partners in construction and engineering in general infrastructure development. We are committed to ensuring there is mainstreaming of health and safety of all those using or affected by this infrastructure development venture. The construction activities we deal with involve direct implementation of the construction process.
We invite applications from highly qualified and capable individuals in Logistics and Procurement Management for the construction activities in Hargeisa. The successful individual must live and work in Hargeisa, Somaliland where the area of operation is based.
Duties and Responsibilities expected but not limited to
- Organization & In-Team Management
- Implementation of sustainable and robust Procurement and Logistics system
- Increased efficiency and effective logistical and procurement support
- Oversee the proper control and operation of all the Procurement and Logistics requirements
- Liaise and cooperate with Program Management Unit on logistics and procurement matters.
- Represents the company to bidders, potential suppliers, other
- Office Logistics, Coordination, Communication & Reporting
- Provide technical support, ensure harmonization and compliance with regards to office related logistic rules
- Implement regular field visits and draft reports including recommendations.
- Coordinate procurement and logistics processes across field offices
- Ensure proper communication on the procurement and logistics rules and processes across field offices including set controls
- Capacity Building & Procurement
- Identify the needs and ensure training and capacity building for logistics and procurement team members in order to increase the level of technical ability and skills within the department
- Organize and provide basic sensitization meetings/trainings in procurement/logistics according to the needs in line with the identification of needs.
- Decides on the standardization, centralization/decentralization of procurement in collaboration with PMU
Assist in establishing and implementing procurement plans with the various members of the PMU
- Transportation & Fleet Management
- Implement and assist with enforcement of the rules and regulations on Fleet Management
- Oversee the proper control and operation of the vehicle fleet and any vehicle service agreements entered into.
- Provides suggestions regarding optimization of vehicle needs.
- Responsible for defining rules, compliance, ensuring all tools and documentation are clear and circulated.
- Warehouse Management & Accountability
- Provide technical support and technical supervision to field offices in warehouse management
- Oversight of proper stock management and ensure implementation of LANDMARK’s Construction standard warehouse management procedures for its implementation operations
- are in accordance with our operations handbook
- Provision of periodic updates and regularly review budgets and provision of written reports regarding challenges or improvements on the logistics components as relevant
- Masters of Advanced Degree in Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain Management/ or similar studies is expected
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain or similar role preferably in engineering and construction sector
- At least 3 years of the experience should be in similar works in roads and bridge construction
- Experience in logistics management and coordination within the field of supply chain management including transport, & warehousing, contracting, asset management procurement & tendering, clearance, distribution support, fleet/ transport management, etc.
- Strong knowledge of internationally recognized guidelines and procedures
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; Chinese is an added advantage
Application: Submit soft copies of your resume/CV, application letter to email@example.com
For questions, or encounter problems with the online application process, please contact +252-636261874
Deadlines: Submissions by 20th July, 2020