Client :Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat
Fund :Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) Phase 2
RFB Title :Procurement of Laboratory Equipment and Chemicals for Dayaha and LasAnod
RFP No. :P101-044
- The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018 – 2023. SDF2 is
conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering
infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable
investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation
for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland.
SDF2’s ambitions are fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National
Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The objectives of the SDF2 are threefold:
- Support increased inclusive economic growth through investment in productive, strategic infrastructure to enhance economic growth and revenue generation.
- Strengthen and maintain the capabilities of the government of Somaliland to prioritise and manage the sustainable and equitable development of Somaliland’s infrastructure.
- Support strong government ownership of development priorities aligned with the National Development Plan.
- The SDF Secretariat is in the process of procurement of Laboratory Equipment and Chemicals for
Dayaha and Lasanod Schools. The procurement involves supply, installation and training at
delivery locations in Somaliland (Erigavo and Lasanod). In line with this, the SDF Secretariat is
seeking to engage a qualified supplier to provide Laboratory Equipment and Chemicals together
with installation and training.
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with Request for Bids (RFB) for Goods, Works and
Non-Consulting Services as specified in the SDF Procurement Manual March 2019 and is open
to all eligible Bidders. The manual can be found at
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain the bidding documents through email via request to
Nicodemus.Nyaure@sdf-secretariat.org during office hours from. 0800 to 1700. Full details of the
bid are detailed in the standard bid document.
- Bids need not be accompanied by a Bid Security.
- Sealed bids must be delivered to the address in no 7 below on or before 13 October 2019 at 1100
hours East African Standard Time. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone
who choose to attend at the address below on 13 October 2019 at 1100 Hours.
Any attempt by individuals, institutions, companies and service providers to influence the outcome
of the bid process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic
disqualification from being considered for this service provision.
- The address referred to above is:
Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat Office
Attn: Procurement Manager
Masala Area, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Telephone: + 252 633 501 394