Health Poverty Action (HPA) formerly Known as Health Unlimited works with some of the poorest and most marginalized communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America, often in very difficult environments. We work to enable these communities to achieve improvements to their health, promoting this as one of their fundamental human rights.
Spanning almost a quarter of a century, Health Poverty Action’s work has grown to include programmes in 14 countries across Africa, Asia and Latin America (with more currently in development). We always prioritise the most poor and the most marginalised – those neglected by governments and almost everyone else. This has led us to work in some very difficult environments, often providing the only external assistance.
HPA Somaliland seeks to recruit competent and dynamic professionals for the positions of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer. The MEAL Officer will be based in HPA Burao office with frequent travel to project sites within the region and throughout Somaliland as detailed bellow;
- Job title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer
Reporting to: Programme Manager/Team Leader-Toghdeer
Place/days/hours of work: Based in Burao office; Sunday-Thursday-8.00am-5.00pm; with an hour’s lunch break (flexible) and sometimes field if required.
Contract Duration: One year-Renewable
Main Areas of Responsibilities and description of tasks:
All MEAL, data capture and analysis, reporting and lesson learning related works for HPA projects in Toghdeer and Somaliland
To lead on, develop and support, the effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting on all projects
and programmes in Toghdeer and Somaliland. This includes supporting the evaluation and
continuous improvement of programmes and community-based activities as well as supporting project reporting, development and database management.
Specific Functions of Post:
The post holder is expected to perform key responsibilities within HPA’s vision, mission, strategies and policies and reflecting HPA’s values.
- Improve and maintain data management systems, recording, analysing and maintaining data accurately and effectively in a timely manner.
- Design and roll out of MEAL tools for use across the HPA programmes and for individual projects within Toghdeer Region
- Conduct field based surveys and MEAL activities throughout HPA’s programme area in liaison with the Regional M & E Officer
- Provide quantitative and qualitative data to programme team for report writing monthly, quarterly and annually as required;
- Support programme development and reporting, using accurate information from both field level surveys and Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Support and train colleagues in order to mainstream MEAL as a core programme function
- Liaising with the MEAL section/HMIS/DHIS2 of the Ministry of Health Development (MoHD)
- Support the radio and communications team to gather information for, and assisting in the production of case studies, human interest stories and other documentation of field level activities as may be relevant
- Undertake frequent visits to the field to carry out monitoring and evaluation activities with communities, local partners and other stakeholders
- Willingness to travel throughout Somaliland (urban and rural) and within the regions as may be needed
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by Program Manager/Team Leader and Regional Monitoring and Evaluation officer
At least Bachelor’s Degree in related Discipline from a recognised University/Tertiary Institution
At least 5 years proven experience of:
- Use of MEAL methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory processes);
- Design, planning and implementation of MEAL systems;
- Training in MEAL development and implementation
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and report writing
- An understanding of log frames and logical frameworks
- IT skills including – Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access Word, Power point
- Significant experience in the monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Fluent oral and written English
- Commitment to meeting deadlines
How to Apply
- All Applications should be addressed to: The HR-HPA
- Please send an Updated CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating full contact details of at least 3 referees.
Please quote in the Subject line as guided bellow;
– “MEAL-SHINE Supply-HPA-2019” for MEAL Officer Position
Only applications sent by email will be accepted.
Deadline for Submission: 23th September, 2019 at 5.00 PM. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be accepted.
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.