|Project Holder||Hargeisa Water Agency (HWA)|
|Project||Increasing Water Production from Laasdhure Aquifer and Connecting to
Ex-isting System at NGDPS
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Short Term Expert (STE) in GIS and Remote Sensing|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Hargeisa Water Agency (HWA) for the implementation of the Increasing Water Production from Laasdhure Aquifer and Connecting to Existing System at NGDPS Project. As a part of this project, HWA would like to engage the services of a Short-Term Expert (STE) in GIS and Remote Sensing to conduct a needs assessment of relevant HWA staff and provide a tailored intensive GIS training course, including feedback sessions and one-on-one coaching to HWA staff. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- BSc. in Computer Science, Surveying, GIS, Cartography, Geodesy, Water Supply, Engineering or related technical field
- Advanced degree in GIS or related spatial planning field
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English (fluency in Somali is added ad- vantage)
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office, database applications, presentation software, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
General Professional experience
- Minimum of 8 years demonstrated experience and high level of proficiency in the use of GIS design and development experience in geodata collection and creation of geodata sets
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in providing technical instruction/training in QGIS for both non-advanced and advanced trainees
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in the design and use of GIS to enhance water supply systems management and planning using a wide range of tools and implementation and operation of GIS systems in water utilities
- Conducted a minimum of three similar QGIS trainings in the last three years
- Produced a minimum of three training manuals related to GIS trainings as team leader (proof of authorship will be submitted through links using dropbox or any other links)
As part of the selection process, STE candidates may be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail email@example.com. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 06 September 2021 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Full Terms of Reference can be accessed on the SDF website through the link https://www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org/opportunities-open.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.