|Ministry of Planning and National Development (MoPND)
|Formulation of National Development Plan III
|Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
|Development Economics Expert
|4 months – Approximately 96 days
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Planning and National Development (MoPND) for the formulation of the National Development Plan III (NDP III) project. As part of this project, MoPND would like to engage the services of a Development Economics Expert. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting applications from qualified Experts.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree or higher in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Development Studies, or other related fields.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Demonstrated analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to work well in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
General professional experience
- Minimum 12 years of experience in areas such as Development Economics, Development Financing, and national/sub-national planning.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in research/analysis work with a focus on domestic and international development areas.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience in conducting country macro-economic assessments, devel- oping financial costing and reports in relation to SDGs, national plans, strategic plans.
- Evidence of knowledge of dynamics and working of flows from different sources of develop- ment finance.
- Evidence of managing at least two multi-stakeholder engagement / coordination with minis- tries, national planning commission, UN and international agencies, economic sector, private and public sectors, and stakeholders in the last 6 years in a similar context to Somaliland.
- Previous experience in conducting at least two assessments similar to the Development Fi- nance Assessment in Sub-Saharan Africa in the last 5 years.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable pro- ject reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail email@example.com. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 23 October 2021 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Full Terms of Reference can be accessed on the SDF website through the link
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.