|Project Holder||Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD)|
|Project||Sustainable Land Management Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Agrochemicals Policy and Law Expert|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD) for implementation of the Sustainable Land Management Project. As a part of this project, MoAD would like to spend some of these funds to engage the services of Agrochemicals Policy and Law Expert to lead in the development of Somaliland National Agricultural Sector Chemicals Control Policy and Bill. The SDF Secretariat is inviting applications from qualified Experts.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master’s Degree in Agronomy, Chemistry, Biology.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in working in the agricultural sector at policy or advisory level in contexts similar context to Somaliland.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in development policy and legal frameworks in the agri- cultural sector.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in development of legal documents, preferably related to agriculture, environment, or natural resources management sector.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on formulating or enforcing policies and regula- tions in the agrochemical use.
- Experience in facilitating agriculture policy dialogue and/or working groups.
- Have led in the development and drafting of at least 1 agrochemical policy in the last 5 years.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable pro- ject reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail email@example.com. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 21 July 2021 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Full Terms of Reference can be accessed on the SDF website through the link https://www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org/opportunities-open.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.