|Project Holder||Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD)|
|Project||Sustainable Land Management Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Resident Engineer – Soil and Water Conservation|
|Location||Borama – with travel to Hargeisa for Project Meetings|
|Period||18 months with renewal possibility|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD) for the implementation of the Sustainable Land Management Project. Under the project, some of the funds will be used for Soil and Water Conservation activities in Durdur Ad catchment in Awdal region. This activity will require a qualified Resident Engineer – Soil and Water Conservation. Applications are therefore invited from qualified candidates.
Required qualifications, skills, and experience
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Soil and Water Engineering or Civil Engineering.
- Proficiency in use of basic computer software such as MS Access, MS project Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English and Somali.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction management/supervision of civil works.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of contract administration related to civil works.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years as a Resident or Site Engineer in a project involving construction of medium to large earth works.
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated ability to interpret technical specifications, drawings, bills of quantities, and setting out the Soil and Water Conservation interventions as per drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to review and certify quality of construction materials procured by the contractor for compliance with the BOQ and specifications.
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in managing manual labour-intensive based construction works.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 21 July 2021 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. The position JD can be accessed on the SDF website through the link https://www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org/opportunities-open.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This role is open to Somaliland nationals only.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.