|Project Holder||Various (MoAD, MoTRD, MoLFD, HWA)|
|Project||Several Projects – 4 (MoAD, MoTRD, MoLFD, HWA)|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Training Needs Assessment Expert|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds for the implementation of various projects implemented by the following Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
- Hargeisa Water Agency (HWA)
- Ministry of Water Resource Development (MoWRD)
- Ministry of Agricultural Development (MoAD)
- Ministry of Transport and Roads Development (MoTRD
- Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD)
All SDF2 projects have an output dedicated to capacity development whose implementation contributes to the SDF2 overall objective at the fund level. As part of their projects, the above MDAs have assigned part of their funds under capacity development to conducting a Training Needs Assessment (TNA). The TNA is aimed at identifying and establishing a baseline for project management skills and knowledge among the PMTs, host departments within the Project Holder and their planning departments. The SDF Secretariat is inviting qualified Training Needs Assessment Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master’s degree in Management, Organizational Development, Human Resources Management, Public Administration and other relevant institutional development studies.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Proven facilitation, analytical and report writing skills.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience working as human resources, public administration, or insti- tutional development expert in Africa.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in countries emerging out of conflict or fragile states.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines in a multicultural environment, including integrating feedback of team members and stakeholders.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience conducting capacity needs assessments or training needs assessments and other similar processes in the public sector.
- Conducted at least three training needs assessments or capacity needs assessments in the public sector in the last 5 years.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail email@example.com. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 11 January 2021 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Full Terms of Reference can be accessed on the SDF website through the link https://www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org/opportunities-open.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.