|Project Holder||Hargeisa Water Agency|
|Project||Increasing Water Production from Lasdhure Aquifer and Connecting
to Existing System at New Geed Deeble Pumping Station (NGDPS)
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Electromechanical Engineering Expert|
|IFA No.||P101 – 068|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to Hargeisa Water Agency for implementation of the Increasing Water Production from Lasdhure Aquifer and Connecting to Existing System at New Geed Deeble Pumping Station Project. As part of this project, HWA would like to engage the services of an Electromechanical Engineering Expert to work as part of a team conducting detailed design of water abstraction and transmission system from Lasdhure aquifer to NGDPS.
The SDF Secretariat is inviting qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electromechanical Engineering.
- Registered with a recognized engineering body.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in designing and installing electromechanical equipment for abstraction of groundwater.
- Experience working within East and Horn of Africa.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in design of water supply electromechanical works.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in use of computer software such as AutoCAD and electrical modelling software.
- Must have designed at least 3 similar systems in the last 5 years.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 16 December 2020 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Full Terms of Reference can be accessed on the SDF website through the link https://www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org/opportunities-open.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.