Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 77 countries.
Plan international has opened an office in Somaliland and started programmes that focus on child protection, education and youth economic empowerment programming both humanitarian and development setting, working with/through partners and providing technical support to INGOs, Somaliland NGOs and the Government of Somaliland in Plan’s areas of expertise
Plan International Somaliland seeks to provide enhanced insurance cover to its staff and for its Vehicles through a provider who offers quality services, increased choice and competitiveness, ensures shared responsibility and has mechanisms that eliminate waste and abuse.
- The service provider shall:
- Administer the self-funded outpatient medical scheme.
- Administer the insured inpatient medical scheme.
- Administer the GPA/GLA/WIBA insurance scheme.
- Administer the asset and motor vehicle insurance scheme
4.0 Consultant’s Qualifications
- Proof of meeting all original legal requirements including company certificate of registration, PIN, Tax Compliance Certificate etc.
- Must be registered with Insurance Regulatory Authority for the current year and a copy of current license be submitted
- Must be registered with the Commissioner of Insurance for the current year and a copy of the current license be submitted. (Attach Copy)
- Must be a current member of the Association of Insurance Brokers (AIB). A certified copy of current membership certificate must be attached
- Proof of having done annual gross premiums of 30 000 USD for the year 2020.
- Must have paid up capital of at least 50 Thousand USD. (Provide evidence)
- Must submit a copy of audited accounts for the last year (2020)
- Must have members of staff with relevant qualifications and experience in insurance matters and give the CVs of key personnel.
- Provide proof of having been in the insurance business for the last three years
- Must submit recommendation letters from five (5) major hospitals where you have a working relationship showing the premiums, people and number of staff covered applicable in the year 2020.
- Letter(s) from proposed underwriter(s) recognizing the insurance broker, addressed to Plan
5.0 Quotation Requirements
The population details to be considered are as follows:
|Family Size||No. of Families||Total Members|
|M+ 1 Count||31||62|
|M+ 2 Count||40||120|
|M+ 3 Count||73||292|
|M+ 4 Count||51||255|
|M+ 5 Count||22||132|
The bidder will submit a technical proposal and a separate financial proposal. The following components must be included:
- Technical Proposal
(a) The bidder’s understanding of the terms of reference and detailed proposal on how the tenderer will provide the services to Plan and the modalities of the insurance schemes in relevant categories including, but not limited to:
- Full details of what the various categories of cover provide.
- Full details of what the various categories of cover exclude.
- All the expenses, limits and/or sublimits included in the various covers.
- Member eligibility details and procedures.
- Full details of coverage/ towns where the broker is represented.
- Provider network of hospitals, clinics, doctors, specialists, pharmacies and laboratories with whom the broker works
- Detailed report on case management and how both components of the medical covers and the asset/motor vehicle insurance cover will be administered and their procedures.
- Details of periodic management reports e.g. on utilization, trends etc.
- Service performance level guidelines on various items e.g. timeframe for settlement of approved claims to providers, registration of new members, wellness programs etc.
(b) Full names, postal address, telephone number(s), email address(es), physical address and contact person(s) of the bidder
Ii. Financial Proposal that shall include all fees chargeable and costs related to the proposed engagement.
- Panelist hospitals: The list of the panelist hospitals –should sent as a separate document.
Iv. company certificate of registration, PIN, Tax Compliance Certificate etc.
6.0 Child Protection Policy
As an international child-centered development organization, committed to the wellbeing of children and to supporting the Convention of the Rights of the Child, Plan does not tolerate child abuse. Plan acknowledges that those who work with Plan have children’s best interests at the heart of their involvement with Plan. Engagement with Plan is therefore contingent on commitment to the Child Protection Policy.
7.0 Tender Requirements
The completed proposals, in writing, must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject line of Insurance cover- Plan International as to be received on or before 27th July 2021. The Bidders must submit all the required documents including company certificate of registration, Tax Compliance Certificate.
Please Note that Plan International Does not charge any fee at any stage of the selection process.
Kindly note that Plan will not reply to unsuccessful submissions