Country: Republic of Somaliland
Name of the Project: Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Capacity Strengthening Project
Project ID: P151492, TF#: TF-A0389
Assignment Title: Treasury Single Account Technical Adviser
Place of Assignment: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Deadline: 15 June 2020, at 4:00 PM (Hargeisa Time)
The Government of Somaliland has received Additional Financing from the World Bank towards the implementation of the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project. The overall project development objective (PDO) is to ‘strengthen systems of domestic revenue mobilization, expenditure control and accountability in Somaliland.
The GoSL therefore wishes to use part of the funds allocated under the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project to pay for the services requested in the Terms of Reference.
- Scope of Work and Responsibilities
Treasury Single Account Technical Adviser will be responsible for the following: (i) Provide technical assistance to the Office of Account General (OAG), Department of Budgeting and Planning-MoF and Bank of Somaliland on the implementation of TSA and cash management systems. (ii) With the concept of TSA, develop action plan to start and implement active cash management. (iii) Review developed TSA Conceptual design and cash management policy and develop a comprehensive road-map and attendant action plans for implementation. (iv) Work with the Bank of Somaliland and AGO; advice on the establishment of and capacitate cash management unit and assist them enable efficient use of modern TSA for robust cash planning and forecasting. (v) Work with system developers (SL-FMIS and Core Banking System) and advice technically in the deployment, installation, and automation of TSA and Cash Management operations. He/she will perform other tasks described in the ToR.
- Selection Criteria
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- Be knowledgeable in Public Financial Management and Banking Arrangement particularly TSA and Cash Management Systems with a university degree in finance/Accounting/banking.
- Must be chartered accountant, CPA, ACCA or equivalent certifications.
- A postgraduate degree in relevant field of study will be an advantage.
- At least 7 years’ experience in the area of public financial management, including experience with PFM reform processes at a senior level.
- Must have extensive experience in carrying out similar assignments particularly banking arrangements, treasury single account arrangements and cash management systems.
- Must have accomplished similar assignment (Implementation of TSA and Cash management) in comparable socioeconomic country.
- Experience in training and capacity building in modern use of TSA and Cash Management.
- Duration of the Assignment
The duration for the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
- The Ministry of Finance now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The detailed TOR will be forwarded to the applicant upon submission of application in person or by e-mail to the address below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following website:? www.somalilandpfm.org or can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The e-mail address is provided below from 8:30 to 16:00 pm Hargeisa time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below by 15 June 2020 at 4:00 pm (Hargeisa Time) – marked clearly as – Treasury Single Account Technical Adviser.
Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Management Reform Coordination Unit,
Ministry of Finance, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Republic of Somaliland, Opposite of Ministry of Higher Education and Science
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com.