|Project Holder||Ministry of Transport and Roads Development (MoTRD)|
|Project||Burao-Berbera Road Rehabilitation Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Resident Engineer|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Transport Development (MoTRD) for implementation of the Burao-Berbera Road Rehabilitation Project. As a part of this project, MoTRD would like to spend some of these funds for engaging the services of a Resident Engineer. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting applications from qualified Experts.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with major in Roads or Highway Engineer- ing.
- Registration with relevant recognised professional body.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Proficiency in use of basic computer software such as MS Project, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD Civil 3D.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience as Senior Engineer in road construction / reconstruction / rehabilitation projects.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in countries with road conditions similar to Somaliland.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in roads design activities, specifically pavement rehabilita- tion, highway design, and construction.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Resident Engineer in road construction project with at least one similar project in the last 5 years.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in contract management and dealing with contractors / im- plementing partners.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable pro- ject reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail email@example.com. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 22 October 2021 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Full Terms of Reference can be accessed on the SDF website through the link https://www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org/opportunities- open.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.